Kerala Chicken Roast Curry Recipe
This version of the classic Kerala Roast curry will leave you wanting for more. It’s environmentally friendly too, Blue Tribe's plant-based Chicken Tikka which uses significantly fewer resources to deliver the same taste and pleasure on your plate.
2 cups of @bluetribeofficial Chicken Tikka chunks
1 cup of thick coconut milk
1/4 cup of cashew paste (soak in warm water and ground into paste)
2 tablespoons of virgin coconut oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 tomato, finely chopped
1 bell pepper, cut into chunks
1 tablespoon of ginger-garlic paste
1 tablespoon of red chili powder (adjust to your spice preference)
1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder
1 teaspoon of garam masala
1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
Salt to taste
Fresh curry leaves for garnish
Lemon wedges for serving
Steps to be followedStep 1. Roasting:
Preheat your pan, thread the marinated chunks onto skewers or spread them out on your pan. Roast them well for about 8-10 minutes or until they develop a slight char on medium heat.
Step 2. Prepare the Sauce:
- In a separate pan, heat 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. Add cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Add the chopped onions and sauté until they turn translucent.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and sauté for a couple of minutes
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes and bell peppers. Cook until they soften and the oil starts to separate from the mixture.
- Add red chili powder, garam masala, and cashew paste. Stir well and cook for a few more minutes.
- Pour in 1/2 cup of coconut milk and let the sauce simmer until it thickens. Add salt to taste.
Step 3. Final Assembly:
- Add the roasted chicken tikka chunks to the sauce and mix well. Simmer for a few more minutes.
- Garnish with fresh curry leaves and serve hot with lemon wedges.
Enjoy your Vegan Chicken Tikka Roast Kerala style with some rice, dosa, appam or pav!
#BlueTribe #VeganFirst #ChicknTikka #Vegan #IndianRecipes #planetfriendlytribe #bluetribefoods #plantbasedmeat #mockmeat #veganmeat
Your cart is currently empty.Continue shopping